viernes, 22 de febrero de 2008

MY FIRST WORDS IN ENGLISH

The first words I learned from English were Yes and No. From one word to another there was un unknown but fascinating world. So I decided to look for more words. Where? Of course, in the books. At first, I read a lot of best-sellers. Children of Tender Years, by Ted Allbeury, for example, was very useful to me. These are some of the words I learned from it:
1.Tears
2.Cello
3.Spring
4.Upset
5.Soggy
6.Soil
7.Displeased
8.Dirt cheap
9.Tearoom
10.Cigar box

Of course, I used those words to make up a brief tale:
"It was a luminous spring morning, but the soil was soggy. In tune with that, I felt upset and displeased. With tears in my eyes, I took my dirt cheap cigar box out from my pocket and lit a cigarette. When I got in the tearoom, she started playing her cello".

No hay comentarios: